Affordable Makeup Brush Hunting

I always love makeup and brushes. Brush allows us to have a better application. 
In this post I will talk about how I choose my make-up brushes with the different kind of brushes and texture, detailed application versus hands application,  and lastly buying the brushes.

I will start with different kind of brushes. There so many different types of brush. From the target area, there are eyes and face brush. From the types of hair, we have synthetic and natural hairs. From price range, there are affordable one and more high-end one. Brush is very flexible and depends on the user. Lets first discuss the different types of hair in our brushes. 

Brush Hair : Synthetic or natural?
For me, cruelty free is very important. So I lean more on the synthetic brush instead the natural one. At older videos in Youtube...I have seen some makeup guru use goat hair eye brush but I guess nowadays the animal cruelty awareness is getting more popular in beauty communities so more people using the cruelty free brushes. Plus, natural hair is prone to bacteria. So for hair, I feel more comfortable using the synthetic one. Beside the types of the hair, I also consider the texture of the brush. 

Texture : soft, medium, hard?
To choose the texture, I consider it on the function of the brush. Powdering, shading, blushing, or blending. I have REAL TECHNIQUE, ECO TOOLS, and a brand-less brush from online store. For face brush...I like it softer. For smoother blending, softer brush is good. for bolder application, the harder the brush. My hardest brush will be the eyebrow brush. its made of nylons string. The older CANMAKE product has the prefect hard brush. Lately in Melbourne, when I check Japanese makeup store, they replaced it with softer one. Hix...CANMAKE...please bring back the older hard brush.

My real technique one is a powder brush, this one is a birthday gift. I feel like the texture is a bit weird. But I have not try anything else and still exploring its capability. The middle one is ECOTOOLS, This one is medium, and I use it as contour brush. Last one is just a brand-less makeup brush. I use this for foundation, its soft and dense. Lastly I decide it by precision. 
Detailed or Hand application?
For application, brush is not always necessary. Sometimes for simpler look, hand application is also will do the work. Try to use less brush if we are under a budget. Foundation and blush is do able with hands even though the result will be different. For me, Eye brush is more complicated. Just like the face, we also do shading, contouring, blending, lining, padding for the eyes area which is smaller and more delicate. 

In the eye brush bunch, I have ECOTOOLS, MASAMI SHOUKO and free brushes from Maybelline. Try to feel the brush hair if possible. My complain for Masami Shouko, their brush sometimes shed. T.T

                                           
Buying the Brush
At the past, I try to explore the cheaper option like Daiso brush, or brand-less brush that we can buy from online store. I found out that sometimes free brush can be nice brush like eyeliner brush from Maybelline or Loreal. So exploring the possibility is also good and fun. Sometimes I also get curious with the dupe brush. They are copy cat from some high-end brush. So far, my complain for these brush is the handle is very low quality. Yah...namanya juga copycat...lols.

Should we buy the expensive one?
In countries with a good consumer protection like Australia, we can return the product as long as we keep a good condition of the product before 30-90 days. But it is not always that ideal in other countries. So checking the returning policy is also important. Store like Sephora or Mecca accept the product returning. Do read their policy before buying. 

Will I buy a more expensive brush? So far I have the urge to buy a more expensive face brush because my current face brush from realt echnique is a little under perform. I want to try it cosmetic giant powder brush and sigma contour and high lighter brush. for the eyes, I wanna try MAC crease brush. My most shedding brush is the Masami Shouko one. I dont know why...let me know if any of you have tried Masami Shouko. 

I consider makeup as investment. As long as it does not disturb other budgets, yes we can invest on it. Make sure to buy things that will be useful and manage our money wisely. Expensive of affordable is our own decision, and I think a quality will come with a price as well. 

Have a lovely weekend. ^^
Cheers!




Komentar